R C Juneja is the CE0 & Chairman of Mankind Pharma Limited born on 28 July 1955. It is one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in India. The company ranks No. 1 in India in terms of prescription generated per doctor per month.
After completing his graduation in science, he started his career in 1974 with Kee Pharma, working as a medical representative. In 1975, he joined Lupin & worked there as first line manager for almost 8 years. In 1983 he resigned from Lupin Limited & started his own company Bestochem in Partnership. In 1994, he withdrew his ownership from Bestochem and in 1995 incepted Mankind Pharma along with his younger brother Mr. Rajeev Juneja.
Under the supervision of R C Juneja, Mankind thrived from a Rs. 3.49 crores company in 1995 to a company having Rs. 3500 crores in revenues by 2015.
R C Juneja holds distinguished positions in various pharmaceutical bodies of India. He is the chairman of Federation of Pharma Entrepreneurs (FOPE) & is also the chairman of Himachal Pradesh – UK State Board for IDMA (Indian Drug Manufacturers Association).
Achievements of R.C Juneja:-
- He was accorded with Business Icon Pharma Award by Network 18 in the year 2011.
- He was also one of the members out of the four business magnates nominated for ‘Business Leader of the year award’ in the 5th Annual Pharmaceutical leadership Summit & Asia Business Leadership Award, 2012.
- He is one of the richest Indians as per Forbes List of “Top 100 Richest Indians” October,2013
Started in 1995, the Delhi-based company has grown by selling medicines at prices. Success has not changed the humility of Mr Juneja. The company has never forgotten the common man. Now a well-known strategy, the 54-year old who began his career selling Lupin’s medicines and later as area sales manager in flanking strategy.
Mankind now has over 300 brands in its portfolio and its products are the fourth largest prescribed in the country.
Facts about R.C Juneja:-
- He is CEO and Chairman of mankind pharma.
- Mankind pharma started in 1995.
- Business Icon Pharma Award by Network 18 in the year 2011.
- He is in the Forbes list of “Top 100 Richest Indians”.
- He started his career in 1974 with Kee Pharma, working as a medical representative.